The VJ is the new DJ.
How to get started? Download Z Vector and follow these steps.
Z Vector and Z Vector Touch are the world’s first professional visualisation softwares for modern depth sensor families such as Intel RealSense and Microsoft Kinect. They allow you to create movies and do real-time graphics in three dimensions rather than two. Create fresh material for your visual performances right there on the spot. Some great dancers in your crowd? Single them out from the background and make them part of your visual storyline. Assume control with our full MIDI and OSC support or mix Z Vector’s output with your existing set using Syphon or Spout.
Record and tweak it on the go
Like a certain shape, form or texture? Sample it with your depth camera and explore the seemingly endless visualisation possibilities of three dimensions. Warp your recorded material in a number of ways. Change and control camera angles after recording. Use and chain included GLSL shader effects or program your own with the integrated code editor. Synchronise your visual effects with sound. Exchange your recorded material and shaders with other users on the official forum. Share and sort profile settings by saving them as simple PNG’s in to the gallery.
Z Vector is currently available for
Mac OS X and Windows. Z Vector Touch is currently available for Windows.
See Z-Vector in action on the music video for Phantom’s ‘Scars’
“Scars” was shot in just over three hours with the very first version of Z Vector. Originally captured direct to disc, the video was later edited together from about 50 minutes of total footage shot in synchrony with the music.
Released at SXSW 2012, the song and video ended up being liked by Romy from The xx, who posted it on the band’s blog as well as chose it to be profiled on Australian ABC’s “The Rage” music show.
Short feature list –
click here for more
- GLSL shaders with integrated editor (editor in Z Vector)
- Integrated sound analysis and MIDI clock synchronisation for animation
- Sound analysis based animatable UI (only in Z Vector)
- Fully scalable output resolution (only in Z Vector)
- Real-time depth camera based 3D scanning and mixing
- Virtual camera and multiple person tracking modes
- Smooth transitions between profiles
- MIDI/OSC control (with metadata and programmable macros)
- Multiple geometry and texture modes, particle effects
- Stereo rendering (side-by-side, anaglyphic, Oculus Rift) (only in Z Vector)
- Full Syphon and Spout support (in/out, Spout only in Z Vector Touch)
- Available for Windows 7+ / Mac OS X 10.7+